top of page
Pranayama for Kids
We're introducing Breathing practice for kids.
1. What is Pranayama? Click here
2. Basic Yoga Breathing for kids Click here
3. Home Breath, Om Breath, Peace Breath Click here
4. Lion Breath Click here
5. Rolling Tongue Breath Click here
6. Smile Breath Click here
7. Sun Breath Click here
8. Flower Breath Click here
9. Bee Breath Click here
10. Balloon Breath Click here
11. Bunny Breath Click here
12. Birthday Cake Breath Click here
It's the part of
KIDS YOGA Teacher Training Online Course.
1. What is Pranayama?
2. Basic Yoga Breathing for kids
3. Home Breath, Om Breath, Peace Breath
Say 'Hooooooooooooome' 'Oooooooooom' 'Peeeeeeeeece'.
It's really easy to feel 'exhaling' for children. The word 'Om' is a sacred Sanskrit sound.
4. Lion Breath
Put your knees down, then put your bottoms on your heels. Put your hands down on the mat, look up, say 'Ahhhhhhhh' with your tongue out as much as possible.
5. Rolling Tongue Breath
Form a 'Tube' with your tongue. Inhale from the rolled tongue. Then Exhale from the rolled tongue. Make a sucking sound when you inhale.
6. Smile Breath
Make a Smiley face, show your teeth. Inhale making a hissing sound. Then exhale making a hissing sound.
7. Sun Breath ( from 4 years old)
1. Put your right hand on your nose.
2. Close your left nostril with your brother and sister fingers.
3. Inhale slowly from the right nostril.
4. Exhale completely from the right nostril.
5. Repeat several times.
★This breathing practice is called 'Suria Bheda Pranayama'. Suria means Sun, Bheda means 'Pass through' in Sanskrit. The original version is to close both nostrils between '3' and '4'. We arranged it for children.
8. Flower Breath
Imagine that you have a flower. Smell the flower. Breathe in slowly. 'What does it smell like?' 'Sweet smell? Spicy? Fruity?'
9. Bee Breath
Put your index fingers or thumbs in your ears to close. Close your eyes if possible. Make a humming sound (Mmmmmm) or buzzing sound (Zzzzzzzzz).
10. Balloon Breath
Imagine that you're blowing up a balloon. 'Blow, blow, make a big balloon! Good job! It's really big!' 'A bird is coming! We got a hole in the balloon! The balloon is shrinking!' Exhale imaging that a balloon is losing the air.
11. Bunny Breath
Imagine that a bunny is sniffing a carrot. Inhale 2 times fast, then exhale completely.
12. Birthday Cake Breath
Imagine that you're blowing out birthday candles. 'It's our birthday today, let's blow out the birthday candles! Breathe in and out~! Happy Birthday!'
bottom of page